Sunday 14 September 2014

Beauties On My Canvas

Apart from being a little adventurous writer, I ADORE make-up…from the age of five, I have been sneaking away red lipsticks (still my up-to-day favourite) from my aunts and mum’s make up kit and using that as blush and lipstick-Duo skills.Since, I’ve grown up with fashion related careers women; surprisingly, I have not yet made a fashion blog -hmm not a bad idea. I have been inspired by my fellow friend and gorgeous blogger Sanah Khan (Iblograndomness.blogspot.com) to share my everyday make-up essentials, which I use on my canvas in other words -my face haha.
Here’s a not-so-small wheel of my everyday make up.


I start with using fresh Aloe Vera plant gel direct on my skin as my moisturiser followed by this Clinique- Super City Block spf 40 oil-free(oily face chica). I used a spf every day in the summer while the sun is out as my skin reacts negatively to the sun rays and develops hyperpigmentation but this works so damn good as a PRIMER! I skip it on nights out and evenings because of the picture taking and flash, flash, flash.


I have such an awkward skin tone, which I absolutely love by the way, but when it comes to finding my right shade it is almost impossible without Mac’s products. After using mac studio fix liquid from the age of 15 to 17, I switched to Mac Sculpt NC44. Despite having an oily face, I found Sculpt suits my skin tone and texture best, does not make my face all cakey and closest shade. Let’s not forget the all-time favourite- Mac pro long concealer NC 45/NC42 (four years and counting) I have moved around mac sculpt concealer but I don’t like the creamy feeling especially around the fine line near the eyes- ergh not good!


I’m not an expert when it comes to contouring, but I like highlighting my under eyes and top of my cheekbones. For this, I used Artist of Makeup Flawless Coverage No.45, works like a magic eraser!


To set my make up, I use the Ben NYE Banana powder mainly under my eyes and under my cheek bones.


This is my absolute favourite. ELF- contouring blush and bronzer. It is perfect for my skin tone, unfortunately not available in London yet. I picked this up when I was in wales and I fell in love with the store!



“eyes are the window to the soul”- I love to keep it as simple as I can. I use the Anastasia Brow Wiz in brunette lightly just to fill any spaces as I have quite natural, thick and dark brows already. Mascara, Mascara, mascara… this is an important one! I have been a die-hard fan of telescopic L’Oreal mascara since the age of 14, I loved the long and no clumps lashes sadly since I started to discover l’oreals animal cruelties (poor little bunnies) I could not even touch anymore of their products. Since westfield opened up a Kiko store- Oh Em Gee! Once I have tried their Ultra Tech Mascara, I have never used any other mascaras. They have very similar results as L’oreal telescopic, their brushes are absolutely lush! Waterline- I am not a fan of using black eyeliner, makes my eyes look way too small and I like the window to my soul to be open- haha! Therefore, I use the Rimmel Nude waterproof eyeliner for the bigger eyes effects followed by my body shop -quad brown smokey eye palette under the bottom lash line. 
                                       






1 comment:

  1. You made me want to try MAC concealers! I've been putting it off but recently got eyebags so have to so something about them lol you should deffo do some makeup look posts! xx

    ReplyDelete