Saturday 13 September 2014

Top bay, top lifts and top goals

25/08/14
Bank holiday weekend has to mean something massive for us Britons right? Well, yes of course but most importantly us Londoners do not waste a second of free time to let loose nor do we miss any opportunities to go nuts. It’s just something in the London water that hypnotises us into this way of living- haha. You must try it to believe it!

Though- please take a pause for this and feel our pain- our London weather is fashionably too sophisticated to allow us to enjoy the weekend bender or any other days off with some good old bright sun, however with that being said despite it rained and rained… no Londoner backed down ( I speak for the ones with the real London enthusiasm) That is right, London weather “we conquer all”- this is just one of the mind-sets you obtain once you dive into the London living.

On one side of London, Notting hill carnival was ON (this only meant “get your carnival fever on, you eager beavers”) and on the other side, there were the four of us again- Saba, sheetal, Mehraj and I. Adventureswithusgirls…Top Golf

Now, let me put forward a little personal biography relating to this adventure, I have never ever touched a real golf club in my life let alone actually hold one. There are two exceptions which I will leave to you to decide whether it can be counted or not; Around some x years ago(I can’t remember honestly-memory of a goldfish) my dear father had gifted my older sister and I a plastic set of golf clubs alongside some golf balls but then again like little moguls we were, we ended up sabotaging each other’s faces- at this point I was unquestionably convinced this is how real golf goes down- oh yeah but my father on the other hand made sure to keep all weapons-like objects out of sight. For him, it was lesson learnt.


The second near-misfortune-missed-my-death-bed time, I had decided to get active on the Nintendo Wii by playing golf- this is why I was warned being active brings no good! I am sure by now you might have an inkling of how things went down; like a pro I swung that remote( I swear it was securely attached to my wrists) in slow motion it was shooting right at the brand new 48” tv, but thank the lord for my fast reflex and I caught that “supposedly golf club”. Bear in mind, my family do not believe in insuring brand new household appliances, I would have actually died. Dead. This concludes why I would like to take it as my first time to play some golf.

Once we arrived at Top Golf, Chigwell, there was two hours of waiting line, TWO hours and this was for the top bay, the best bay of course. As the world is aware of the "pickiness" of women, Mehraj, who is a top golf regular, suggested we only wait on the top bays and let me mention this now my girl did not disappoint, she knew what she was talking about. After those long two hours of waiting, which actually they should not be described as long hours, because us, four girls ,together again is a simply-crazy-out-of-control tornado hitting the place. Golf clubs, golf balls, golf time girls…
A day filled with laughter, competitiveness, love, embarrassments, cuties, flop golfs and most importantly adventurously fun.

Until the next adventure... 
Don't forget to comment and share your memories with your bunch of crazies!

Shameema 

1 comment:

  1. I actually panicked when reading the nintendo bit loool I deffo need to try top golf my friends been going on about it for agess

    ReplyDelete